Senior Wireless Software Engineer (BD001)
SpiderCloud is looking for a motivated and energetic candidate to play a leading role in the architecture and complete software development cycle for our UMTS, LTE, and 5G wireless products, with particular focus on MAC and PHY layers. The ideal candidate has a wireless communication systems background, a passion for building real-world carrier-grade communication systems, and industry experience developing MAC or PHY layer software in C/C++.
- Design, develop, enhance, and maintain wireless algorithms and embedded software for UMTS/LTE/5G radio access networks and other advanced technologies.
- Understand PHY-layer procedures, expected behavior, and typical performance tradeoffs, especially as they relate to MAC and overall system performance.
- Complete ownership of MAC-layer algorithms, their implementation in C/C++ code, and real-world system performance.
- Participate in architecture, design, and code reviews and provide peer feedback on a continuous basis.
- Debug complex issues seen during QA testing, at customer field trials, and at live customer deployments.
- Support RF hardware integration and debugging including new hardware bring-up, manufacturing support, and debugging various RF issues. Understand expected RF performance and take initiative to highlight anomalies.
- MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering with focus on wireless communications or digital signal processing.
- 2-5+ years industry experience in a wireless software development or wireless system design role with implementation experience (new PhD grad with exceptional hands-on implementation experience will also be considered).
- Excellent foundation in wireless communication theory and digital signal processing including detection and estimation theory, digital signal processing, RF architecture tradeoffs, channel coding fundamentals, wireless channel modeling, link adaptation, etc.
- Strong understanding of LTE MAC and PHY from both a systems and low-level 3GPP spec point of view. Broad understanding of the entire LTE wireless system. Ability to switch between high-level systems view and low-level detail view of complex wireless systems.
- Comfortable using wireless lab equipment such as signal generators, network analyzers, power meters, etc.
- Familiar with C/C++ software development in a Linux development environment and associated tools.
Location – San Diego, CA
To apply for this position, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include reference to Job #BD001 or mail your resume to SpiderCloud Wireless, Inc., Attn: HR Dept., #BD001, 475 Sycamore Drive, Milpitas, CA 95035.