Software Engineer – Platform/Forwarding Engine (SJ001)
SpiderCloud Wireless is seeking a Software Engineer who will be responsible for design and development of Platform and Forwarding Engine software on multiple SpiderCloud platforms. The Engineer will also play a key role in SpiderCloud’s NFV initiatives.
Job title will depend on the candidate’s experience. We have multiple positions and will consider Fresh Grads, Junior as well as Senior Engineers.
Responsibilities will include
- Design, document and develop Platform/Embedded/Systems software for Wireless/Networking equipment.
- Develop low-level Linux Kernel and Forwarding plane features for Spidercloud’s Controller and Access Points.
- Forwarding Plane design and development for SpiderCloud’s Network Function Virtualization solutions involving Intel’s DPDK.
- Writing Software Specifications. Working with QA and field support teams to help ensure a high quality product.
Requirements for this position include
- 0-10 years of embedded or systems software development experience with telecom, wireless or networking equipment.
- Excellent ‘C’ programming skills on Linux.
- Experience with Linux Kernel is preferred.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
- Forwarding Plane development experience is a plus.
- Prior experience with SDN/NFV Solutions is a plus.
- Understanding of modern OS kernels and experience with Hypervisors such as KVM is a plus
- Familiarity with processors such as ARM, MIPS, and PowerPC.
- Familiarity with x86 Processor Architecture and standard IO buses such as PCI-E.
Location – San Jose or San Diego
To apply for this position, please email your resume to: email@example.com and include reference to Job #SJ001, or mail your resume to SpiderCloud Wireless, Inc., Attn: HR Dept., Job #SJ001, 475 Sycamore Drive, Milpitas, CA 95035.