Sr. Wireless Protocol Software Engineer (DP002)
Job summary and responsibilities:
- Design, development and maintenance of embedded software for 3G/LTE radio access network and core network protocols and subsystems.
- Integration of radio interface functions with policy, session management and configuration subsystems.
- Support internal test and QA teams and external field support engineers to complete interoperability and acceptance testing in wireless operator networks.
- Participate in architecture, design and code reviews and provide peer feedback.
- Debugging field issues through log analysis and other field data.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, telecommunications, or related field. Masters degree preferred.
- 5+ years experience in embedded C/C++ programming for design and development of communication protocols including stellar debugging skills.
- Exceptional understanding and track record in development experience with UMTS and/or LTE radio interface protocols.
- Hands-on experience with layered cellular protocol stack implementation on resource constrained embedded processors using multi-threaded programming model. Proven ability to use debug tools and knowledge of runtime environment to efficiently isolate and fix bugs.
- Knowledge of 3GPP specifications, particularly RRC. Knowledge of NAS and S1AP is a plus.
- Understanding of end-to-end procedures used for voice and data call establishment, mobility, and interworking with core network entities.
- Knowledge of 3GPP LTE E-UTRAN and Evolved Packet System is a plus. • Working knowledge of IP protocol stack.
- Ability to write concise functional, implementation and test design documents and follow process-oriented methodology to insure compliance to requirements.
- Ability to take technical ownership across complete software product life cycle and release management with a minimum of 3-5 years of progressive software architecture and design experience.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented engineer who can prioritize work and handle multiple cross-functional tasks.
- Team player passionate about quality, committed to conducting robust systematic testing to find faults before customer does and ability to work with internal and external customers during QA and IOT in collaborative environment.
- Solid technical background including ability to interact effectively with a variety of organizations and works well with people. Self-starter, fast-learner and a problem solver with ability to think architecturally and enjoys multitasking in fast paced environment.
Location – Milpitas or San Diego
To apply for this position, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include the req number (DP002).